Monday, August 9, 2010

My Stack O'Books from 7/21/10 - way over-due post.

Ok so I know I have been a slacker about posting to this thing but I have been busy, busy with the photography thing and having out of town visitors that it really cut into my free time.

I slacked on my reading too. Badly. I checked out these books on July 21:


I just finished them.....well I am almost done with The Art of Racing In The Rain....almost.

George & Sam was another recommendation from Nick Hornby's collection of essays. It was a really good book. It was written by the mother of three boys, the oldest both being autistic. It was such an experience just to read it. I can't even imagine living it. Highly recommended.

Me Talk Pretty by David Sedaris I snagged up because my boyfriend and nearly every other person I know reads and loves him. I was skeptical because I don't find Amy Sedaris funny at all. I was wrong. He is brilliant and now I too love him. If you haven't read this....do it.

The Art of Racing In the Rain is good. Its different because it is told from the viewpoint of the dog. It kinda has a sappy, Lifetime Movie of the Week type storyline but its well written so I keep going.

Later today I will get an updated What I Am Reading up.

Cheers.

T.R.

No comments: