Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What I Am Reading Now......6/16/10


So this is my stack of books I am currently reading on the coffee table right now.

Two are short story collections - Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman and The New Dead is a collection of zombie stories by various horror writers, both I have only read bits of but so far, so good. How To Be Good by Nick Hornby was what I was reading until the library notified me that The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson was ready to be picked up (I had it on hold forever) then all I cared about was reading that.  And it is realllly good.  If you haven't read the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson you should really get on that.  Absolutely my favorite thriller/adventure series in years. I hate that he died.  I really wish I could have read more of his stuff.  Maybe because the series became so popular they will traslate more of his writings to English.  Even if its just essays or columns I will read them.  That's what I get from Nick Hornby while I am waiting for his next brilliant novel.  I will have to get on the ball after I finish TGWKTHN and get on reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman since its a check out from the library and then I can go back and finish How To Be Good. I am 21 books in on my 50 a year challenge for 2010.  I have 3 weeks to finish all these and then I will be 1 over my goal of 25 before 4th of July.  Wish me luck!

Also while taking the picture of my stack o' books I snapped these 2 of my bookcase that I liked so I am posting them here too:


Cheers!

T.R.

No comments: